Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of the bloggers there at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join!
It’s been a few weeks since I’ve done a Top Ten Tuesday! I was simply unable to find the time to type up the posts, due to my craziness at work (and a general exhaustion every evening when I got home). However, this week’s topic really called to me, so I managed to carve out some time to get this written up. So today I present to you my Top Ten Favorite New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2012! I was a little uncertain if debut authors counted, but I went ahead and included a few regardless because of how much I enjoyed the books I read.
In no particular order, here are my ten!
1) Ally Carter :: Now, admittedly, I’ve only read the first Gallagher Girls book, but since I loved it to pieces – and can’t wait to read what’s been published thus far in the series, not to mention the Heist Society books – I’m sure she will easily stay on my favorite author list.
2) Lesley Livingston :: I’ve only read Wondrous Strange, but it was yet another book that I just absolutely adored. I can’t wait to finish the series, and then dive into her newest release, Starling!
3) Gina Damico :: I loved both Croak and Scorch, and can’t wait for the third book!
4) Alexandra Bracken :: I was lucky enough to get an e-galley of The Darkest Minds, and basically devoured it in one sitting. I am definitely looking forward to reading her debut, Brightly Woven, whenever I can find the time!
5) Wendy Higgins :: I went in to Sweet Evil fully expecting not to like it, and found myself pleasantly surprised, so much so that I actually bought the book and am eagerly awaiting the sequel. She has a nice style of writing and has me thoroughly invested in Kaiden and Anna’s relationship.
6) Leigh Bardugo :: Shadow & Bone was her debut, but it was another book that I literally blew through in one sitting it was so engaging. This is another one that I am very impatiently awaiting the sequel!
7) Caitlen Rubino-Bradway :: Another 2012 debut author. Ordinary Magic is quite possibly my favorite book of 2012. It’s MG but absolutely fantastic, and if you haven’t read it, you definitely should!
8) Julie Kagawa :: I’m late to the party with this author as well, and I still haven’t read a single one of the books in her Iron Fey series (they’re on my to-read list!), but I really enjoyed The Immortal Rules a lot and (again) can’t wait to read the second book.
9) Jessica Warman :: I’ve only read Between, but found her way of writing mystery and suspense to be first rate, and am definitely looking forward to reading Beautiful Lies, which is an e-galley I just simply didn’t have time to get to before its release.
10) R.L. LaFevers :: I’ve only read Grave Mercy, but it hit me in all my feels (historical romance, kick-ass heroine, swoon-worthy love interest). I so wish I could get my hands on an ARC of Dark Triumph!
So those are my ten choices this week. What are yours? Please link me up!