Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews, which is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. You can read more about the creation of Stacking the Shelves by visiting the official launch page here.
Hello, everyone! This week was an extremely busy one.
- Monday I attended the Cardinals Home Opener (I love baseball!). The Cardinals lost due to a bullpen implosion in the ninth inning, but the weather was super nice and prior to that, the game entertaining, so it wasn’t a total loss.
- Tuesday I went to the Ratification Meeting for my school district; we’re having some financial difficulties and it’s resulted in some issues between the NEA and school board, which has delayed our contracts being distributed. There’s also been a lot of job shuffling and general upheaval, so that’s been rather stressful and frustrating for all involved. We also got several new students at the school this week (this always happens right before we start our state standardized testing), so there have been some adjustments in that regard as well.
- Wednesday night we got hammered by a spring storm which left us without power for nearly twelve hours (I don’t recommend showering, trying to get dressed, do your hair and apply makeup by flashlight, just fyi!), and …
- Thursday I had a 7:30am staff meeting, ugh (I’m SO not a morning person!). Next week is also National Library Week, so I spent my planning times trying to come up with some fun and interesting lessons to do with my students to celebrate.
All of this really cut into my reading time this week, but I still managed to pick up some new books, and since that’s what everyone’s here for, I shall cease rambling now. :)
NOTE: Goodreads isn’t currently loading for me, so I haven’t included links to the books. Sorry about that! Hopefully it doesn’t cause too much of an inconvenience. If it comes up later I shall edit them in.
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Chronicles II – Creatures and Characters by Weta
- Storybound by Marissa Burt
- Suddenly Royal by Nichole Chase (for upcoming blog tour stop)
- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
- Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
- Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
- My Ex From Hell by Tellulah Darling
- Some Quiet Place by Kelsey Sutton (NetGalley)
Thank you to Flux for the e-galley! My stop on the Suddenly Royal blog tour is in a couple of weeks, so keep an eye out for that! All of Cassandra Clare’s books were on sale for Kindle this past weekend, so I went ahead and picked up the three Infernal Devices books. I think I’m one of the last people to start Clockwork Angel, but am hoping to get to it soon.
I also received some bookmarks from Amy Carol Reeves (author of Ripper and Renegade) in the mail this week. I love getting swag in the mail! ♥
So what did you get this week? Please link me!
04/08/13: Review of The Art of Wishing by Lindsay Ribar
04/09/13: Top Ten Tuesday – My Top Ten Books from Before I Was A Blogger
04/10/13: Waiting on Wednesday #44 – The Dark Between by Sonia Gensler
04/12/13: Review of Infatuate (Gilded Wings #2) by Aimee Agresti
White Lines by Jennifer Banash
How My Summer Went Up in Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
Forty Days (Neima’s Ark #1) by Stephanie Parent