So, it’s been a month since my last Book Haul Post! I decided back then to just do Monthly Hauls, so that’s what this is. That means there are quite a few books for me to share with you, although I really did well in NOT buying books, since I already have so many on my shelves. Most of these are e-galleys that I just couldn’t resist (self-control is occasionally something I struggle with!), and also some really nice Kindle/e-book deals that I bought via Amazon. So here’s what I picked up in the month of September!
Borrowed from Library:
- Rogue (Croak #3) by Gina Damico
- Pawn by Aimee Carter (NetGalley)
- In A Treacherous Court by Michelle Diener
- Sanctum by Sarah Fine
- Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins (Edelweiss)
- Alienated by Melissa Landers (NetGalley)
- Broken by C.J. Lyons (NetGalley)
- For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
- Diamonds & Deceit (At Somerton #2) by Leila Rasheed (NetGalley)
- Far From You by Tess Sharpe (NetGalley)
- Alif the Unseen by G. Willow Wilson
- Palace of Spies by Sarah Zettel (NetGalley)
Thank you a TON to Disney-Hyperion, Harlequin Teen, Putnam Juvenile, Sourcebooks Fire, and Houghton Mifflin Harcourt for the e-galleys! All of these are books I am highly anticipating, and I can’t wait to read them!
I loved the second Star Trek movie when I saw it in theatres, so of course had to pick up the Blu-Ray when it was released. I had a hard time choosing which vendor to go with, though, because for some reason they split all the features on the Blu-Ray between the different stores, so it’s impossible to get them all unless you visit each place and pick up a copy each time! I don’t like this at all; WHY couldn’t they just raise the price a bit and put all the features together? In the end I went with the version sold at Target, just because it was the closest to my house. I am sad, though, that their version is missing the cast commentary.
In return for participating in the Blog Tour for Rogue by Gina Damico, I received a really cool Croak Prize Pack!
I also picked up a pair of Tieks Ballet Flats in Lovestruck! They are extremely pricey, but as a teacher who very rarely sits down, my feet were absolutely killing me by the end of the day, so I decided to splurge and see if these shoes – which folks call “teacher shoes” – were really worth the hype (and hefty price tag). They totally are. Plus, they are ridiculously cute! Here’s a picture:
I love them so much that I just bought another pair – these in Echo Park – and am looking forward to wearing them on Monday.
- Friday I attended a training on Nonviolent Crisis Intervention, where we learned various verbal techniques to de-escalate a student (or parent, ha) who is struggling to maintain control of their emotions. Included in this training are approved restraints that can be used should a major crisis situation occur. The training should come with a disclaimer that all participants need to shower, LOL, because we were up close and personal with each other! Luckily all of the people I got to know quite well had taken great care with their personal hygiene. :D
- I have to work on my students’ report cards this weekend. Luckily the report cards aren’t difficult for first grade! Just focusing on Reading, Math, Science, and Life Skills. It shouldn’t take me too long to get through them.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences are next week! I’m a little nervous to be going through this for the first time, although I don’t anticipate any difficult parents, aside from possibly one little one who is really struggling with behavior who I’ve asked the counselor to attend with me. Fingers crossed that they all go well!
- The next Heroes of Olympus book – The House of Hades – comes out on Tuesday! I am desperately trying to finish up two books before its release, so I can fully immerse myself in the Rick Riordan goodness.
So there are my new additions and goodies! What have you picked up lately? Please link me!