The 2014 Review Pile Reading Challenge is hosted by Rachel @ Fiktshun and Reanna @ Phantasmic Reads. Let’s be honest here, we all have those books we’ve received for review (whether requested or not!), but we just haven’t gotten to them yet. Or maybe we went a little crazy with the ‘request’ buttons on NetGalley or Edelweiss, and we need to catch up. That’s what this challenge is for!
I saw this challenge for 2014 and immediately a lightbulb went off in my head, because it was like this challenge was MADE for me. I am going to really try my hardest to stay on top of my galleys this year – I am going to make sure I only request what I can read in that particular month – but I still have so many galleys that I need to read and review that I requested in 2013 or earlier. I likewise have some paper ARCs/finished copies that I was sent – whether I asked for them or not (usually I did not) – that I also would like to read and post reviews for. This challenge will be the perfect way for me to keep track of what I’ve read and reviewed, plus give me a little bit of an ego boost in the process each time I finish a book. :)
If you’re interested in participating in this challenge, here are the details:
- The 2014 Review Pile Reading Challenge runs from January 1st until December 31st, 2014
- Sign-ups will remain open until December 31st, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific
- Grab one of the buttons to show off your participation! Parajunkee did a great job with them!
- You DO NOT have to have a blog to join this challenge. You just need to have some books received for review and a place online to review them
- Create a sign-up post announcing your intention to participate and link up below. If you do not have a blog, you can link up to your Goodreads profile that shows your 2014 Review Pile Reading Challenge shelf
- Please link back to the hosts in your sign-up posts
- This challenge is to help clear up books you’ve received for review. Any format, or any length, as long as you received the book specifically for review, is allowed.
- There will be a kick-off post on January 1, 2014 at both Fiktshun and Phantasmic Reads where you’ll be able to leave your links for any January reviews. (No 2013 reviews) At the beginning of every month, starting in February, these posts will alternate between both blogs. (See schedule below)
- If you forgot to leave your review link in the challenge month in which you reviewed the book or the linky list closed before you had a chance to leave it, you can leave it in a future month. (No duplicates.)
- There will also be monthly giveaways – make sure you check in each month!
- Use the hashtag #RPRC2014 to share your progress and connect with other participants on Twitter
There are five levels for this challenge, and my goal is to try for the Master Level, which is 21-30 galleys. You aren’t allowed to go down in your goals, only up, but considering how many books I read in 2013 that were review copies – well over the 30 I’ve chosen – I don’t think it will be an issue! While I do plan on cutting down the number of galleys I request in 2014, I am really hoping to read some galleys from previous years, which will definitely make up the difference.
If you’re planning on participating in this challenge, please let me know! I’d love to cheer you on and check in on your successes.