Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of the bloggers there at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join!
Today’s Top Ten Tuesday post asks us to list ten books that celebrate diversity or diverse characters. I have to admit, I had a lot of trouble putting this list together, which just means I need to do better in that regard. So I only have eight books on the list, and most of them deal with characters with mental health issues. If you have any recs for me that would be considered diverse, please share them in the comments!
1) OCD, The Dude, and Me by Lauren Roedy Vaughn
2) Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor
3) Born Confused by Tanuja Desai Hidier
4) The Absolutely True Diary of A Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
6) A Step from Heaven by An Na
7) The Butterfly Clues by Kate Ellison
8) Trinkets by Kirsten Smith
NOTE: I do own a few books with LGBTQ characters (Aristotle and Dante, and Everything Leads to You come to mind) but haven’t read them yet, so didn’t put them on the list, as I only wanted to list books I’ve actually read.
So, that’s my list this week! What titles made yours? Please link me!