Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of the bloggers there at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join!
Today’s Top Ten Tuesday topic asks us to list our Top Ten Resolutions for 2016. I am choosing to do Bookish Resolutions, because that’s how I like to roll around here, and also because it’s a bit of a tradition for me to put together each year. Last year I made six Bookish Resolutions, and managed to complete the majority of them, so we’ll see how I do this year!
Also, as a sidenote, this is my 100th Top Ten Tuesday post. Thanks to the folks at The Broke and the Bookish for creating such a fun weekly meme! ♥
- READ MORE BOOKS. Last year I read 40 books, which was double what I read in 2014. I consider this a MASSIVE success, but would like to read even more in 2016. I’ve set my Goodreads Challenge at 45 books, so that’s obviously the number I’d like to read, although more would also be acceptable.
- READ MY OWN BOOKS. This was also a goal last year, and I did really well. I’ve once again signed up for the TBR Pile Challenge, and hope to read 21-30 of my own books this year in order to reach my goal.
- READ ANY GALLEYS/ARCS IN A TIMELY FASHION. I did SO GOOD with this last year! While I might not have read them necessarily as early as I’d have liked, when I did request something, I got it read (one outstanding e-galley notwithstanding, because it’s up next for me in my reading queue). Of course, this is not counting the huge pile I accrued when I wasn’t being so well-behaved.
- COMPLETE 2 READING CHALLENGES. I’ve only signed up for two challenges this year – Goodreads and TBR Pile – which are the challenges I managed to complete last year. I figure goal #2 will help me out a lot with both, so feel that it’s totally doable!
- KEEP UP WITH THE BLOG. I am going to work really hard to get posts scheduled ahead of time in order to keep my original content coming in a timely fashion. This includes getting my posts cross-posted/scheduled over on my Tumblr as well.
- BE HAPPY. I’m a fairly happy person, but can sometimes get overwhelmed by everything I have to do for work and life and blogging. This year I really want to not feel guilty about taking a step away from things, even if that means not reading when I probably should be. I don’t want to be ruled by the number of books I’ve read, or the number of books I need to read. I just want to read when I want to, and be happy with what I achieve. Even if that means wasting a lot of time playing Sims 4 or something equally inane!
So once again, there aren’t ten of these, but I figure six goals I actually want to achieve are better than making up four more that I’m not super invested in.
What are your Bookish Resolutions this year? Even if you aren’t doing the TTT post this week, but you still made your own Resolutions post, I’d love to read it! Please link me in the comments.